- People register their first name, last name, phone number, email address, city, state, and zip code. They also provide their date of birth and the last four numbers of their social security number. If they were referred by someone they also provide the full name and email address of that person.
- People who have registered their interest will be sent a Membership Activation Invitation link by email to determine if a club can be activated in their zip code. The online membership application requires a valid credit card number and expiration date, photo ID, social security number, and a signed consent form to receive a background check. Their background check cost ($75) will be billed to the credit card provided. The applicant's residential address will be verified and their criminal history record will be obtained. The background information reports will be retained in the Reliable Rider administrative databases. Membership will be granted or denied based on a review of the background information obtained by Reliable Rider, LLC. Minor criminal violations will not prohibit someone from membership. The $75 background check fee is non-refundable, even if the RR membership is not granted.
- If granted, the activated members’ credit card will be charged their first month’s membership fee of $250 on the first day of the next month. The monthly membership fee allows for 250 miles of ride share transportation. If a club member uses more than 250 miles of transportation in any month, their credit card will be billed $1.50 per extra mile. New RR club members will be provided a membership card showing their Photo, Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, RR Club Member Number and RR Club Name (DBA). Members must provide a 60 day advance written notice via email to cancel their RR club membership. A RR club’s first quarter operating budget of $22,500 will be placed in the club’s checking account ($7500 from membership fees and a $15,000 loan advance from Reliable Rider). All club expenses will be paid using the RR club’s checking account or credit card. All club members will have access to their club’s records of rides provided, miles used, club revenues and expenses. All the Club’s DBA accounting records will be available to all members in the Quickbooks online reporting. Quarterly profit/loss reports will be emailed to club members.
|Vehicle||Estimated Cost||Est. Miles Per Gallon|
|Toyota Prius||$25,000||City (58) Hwy (53)|
|Nissan Rogue||$27,000||City (27) Hwy (35)|
|Honda Accord||$26,000||City (30) Hwy (38)|
|Ford Fusion||$26,000||City (23) Hwy (34)|
|Chevrolet Malibu||$24,000||City (29) Hwy (36)|
|Hyundai Sonata||$26,000||City (28) Hwy (38)|
Note: The club can select any auto it wants, but Reliable Rider recommends the Toyota Prius due to its fuel efficiency. The above choices are some examples. Reliable Rider staff will purchase the chosen vehicle from a local dealership, using dealership financing, making monthly payments. All Auto purchase and payment records will be included in the Club’s (DBA) QuickBooks Online transactions. The club can purchase a second auto, when 60 members have activated their RR membership in the same zip code area.
- Several Driver candidates will be presented to the club members by Reliable Rider during the online meeting. One substitute driver will also be selected for the club, to cover if a driver is sick. Driver candidates’ background information (Including criminal history and driving records) will be shared at the club meeting and kept on file for the club. The $75 fee for a candidate driver’s background information and driver’s record is billed to the club. The Club members will vote to select their drivers and substitute driver. All driver payment records will be included in the Club’s QuickBooks Online transactions.
- Insurance selected must have auto liability coverage, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, medical payments coverage and personal injury protection. Depending on where you live, some of these coverages are mandatory and some are optional. Reliable Rider will present at least three choices for local auto insurance providers. Club members will vote to select their Auto Insurance Provider. The club will pay the insurance cost and the insurance policy will be kept on file in Reliable Rider admin databases. All insurance expense records will be included in the Club’s QuickBooks Online transactions.
- Reliable Rider will present three local choices for auto maintenance and service. The club members will vote to decide where the auto maintenance, repairs and servicing will be provided. The club drivers will be responsible for bringing the autos to the appropriate service providers for scheduled maintenance. All Auto Service expense records will be included in the Club’s QuickBooks Online transactions.
All of the club’s fuel will be purchased at the same location. Reliable Rider will present three choices. The club members will vote to decide the Fueling Station that will be used during the online meeting. Fuel purchase records will be included in the club’s QuickBooks Online transactions.
These monthly online meetings are focused on quality process improvements, club policy planning and decision-making. Club members can decide to terminate a club driver or a club member based on their feedback ratings or other concerns identified. A club member majority vote during the online meetings will determine all the club’s decisions and policies. The club’s meeting agendas will be developed a week in advance of a scheduled zoom online club meeting and distributed via email. Agenda items can be submitted by members prior to the online zoom meetings. Reliable Rider staff will serve as a Club Coordinator to facilitate the online zoom meetings. The Club’s Online Zoom Meetings will be recorded for future reference.
All members will have access to their club’s records of rides provided, member miles used, revenues and expenses. All financial transactions will be accessible in a QuickBooks Online format. Quarterly profit/loss reports will be made available to club members.
|Members||Club (30 members)||Club (60 members)|
|Drivers||Drivers (3 + 1 sub)||Drivers (6 + 2 subs)|
|Cars||1 car||2 cars|
|Membership Annual Revenue||$90,000.00 (90,000 miles)||180,000.00 (180,000 miles)|
|Additional miles at $1.50 per mile||$27,000.00 (18,000 miles)||$54,000.00 (36,000 miles)|
|Auto Cost (per year)||$12,500.00||$25,000.00|
|Auto Maintenance (per year) (a)||$3,000.00||$6,000.00|
|Auto Insurance (car and drivers)||$2,300.00||$4,600.00|
|Auto Fuel / Electricity||$6,480.00 (108,000 miles)||$12,960.00 (216,000 miles)|
|Vacation & Substitute Drivers||$7,200.00||$14,400.00|
|Miscellaneous Costs / Expenses (b)||$9,900.00||$19,800.00|
|Reliable Rider Admin Fee (c)||$10,800.00||$21,600.00|
|Estimated Annual Club Revenue||$117,000.00||$234,000.00|
|Estimated Annual Club Costs||$117,000.00||$234,000.00|
a) The annual maintenance cost of a Toyota Prius is estimated at $408. Repair and maintenance costs vary depending on age, mileage, location and shop.
b) Used to cover unforeseen club expenses. The remaining checking account balance on December 30 of each year is refunded equally to each Active Club Member. The DBA Club Checking Account should reach a zero balance by December 31. If club expenses exceeded Annual Club Revenue, the excess amount would be billed equally to each club member’s credit card.
c) $30 per member/month ($360 per member/per year). Admin fees include facilitating background checks of drivers and members, club record keeping, club online meeting facilitation, club bookkeeping records and all IT infrastructure supports for a Members Only Ride Share System.